Phase II is coming! We have been working with the amazing Christen Joy Homes on this addition. She’s been helping us with our vision and what we want this second building to look and feel like. Here’s what Christen had to say about this project:
“I’m thrilled to be asked to work on the design of the second apartment building in the amazing U32 complex. In the next few posts, I’ll be sharing with you the details and extras that are currently being planned for this new building.
The second U32 building will be coming in Summer 2019, and I’ve been commissioned to design and complete selections for the units (more on this below) as well as the lounge, common area bathroom, fitness room, yoga studio, and the popular study rooms.
The U32 Experience
Roers is committed to creating an experience for their renters, so for this building, the focus was on creating a warm and inviting space that feels fun and different. Many of the residents of U32 are students, so we wanted it to appeal to them as well.
The overall vibe for all of these U32 spaces is young, hip, thriving, and definitely Pinterest-worthy!
First, I want to show you your NEW HOME — the units in the U32 new building.
Design Approach: A Modern but Timeless Home
After doing a walkthrough of the first building’s units, I immediately saw how cohesive elements of the design were, and that set the standard for our approach to the new U32 units.
The style we used for these units was to ensure that they felt warm and comfy as we wanted to people to immediately feel like this was their home.
To add to the experience, we added splashes of interest throughout to provide a timeless design with a modern twist.
Walk Through of the Two Bedroom Unit
Now, it’s one thing for me to talk about it, but I want to show you this unit with a quick walkthrough of a two bedroom unit. I’m going to share some of my favorite elements coming to this new building.
To enter the unit, you’ll come in through a white painted two-panel door. This door adds a contemporary but homey touch with bright white paint and keyless entry.
All of the doors in your unit are also two-panel and painted bright white.
In the kitchen, you’ll have exactly what you need to fuel up with a coffee, prep a yummy meal or host your friends for the night.
In your modern, brand new kitchen, you’ll have touches including:
- A warm caramel, luxury vinyl floor that welcomes you into your kitchen area.
- A large, 7-foot single level island that’s perfect for studying, entertaining, or mid-week cooking. This island complements the flooring with a stained finish with a linen textured laminate countertop — which is perfect for anyone living at U32.
- Two pendant lights over the island that look straight out of Restoration Hardware. These fixtures add a pop of interest with an industrial flair.
- A single basin sink in the island — including a faucet with a side sprayer — to keep your kitchen tidy.
- A light gray subway tile backsplash (in some units) that creates a finished look for your kitchen.
Finishing Touches Throughout the Unit
As you walk through the rest of the unit, you’ll notice the Pure White (by Sherwin Williams) walls that make the space light and bright. Plus, it’s the perfect canvas for your own personal touches!
Throughout the unit, there are little touches added to make your apartment feel like home including:
- White trim around the doors and fresh-looking white
- Soft carpet that invites you take off your shoes. This carpet is a greige color that’s durable and easy-to-clean for those nights you have your friends over!
- Enhanced lighting in the bedrooms that make your space special but is still neutral enough that you can embrace your own unique style.
- Textured looking countertops in the bathroom, like the ones in the kitchen, but in a neutral color to differentiate the space.
As you can see, U32’s new building gives you little extras in each unit but leaves enough a blank canvas for you to make it your own.
In my next post on U32’s second building, I’ll giving you a sneak peek of the lounge.
*Please note Roers is still in the planning phases and some selections may change.*